NIEUW IN HET ASSORTIMENT
Optimel Manuka Eye Drops
Melcare's Optimel Manuka Dry Eye Drops help stabilise the surface health of the eye from dry eye symptoms such as sore, irritated eyes and eyelids. They are designed to be used AS WELL AS with lubricating eye drops, not as an alternative.
Manuka Honey eye drops assist the surface health of the eye by creating a micro-environment that supports healing and prevents further damage. When applied to the surface of the eye, Optimel Manuka Dry Eye Drops lower the acid level (pH), acting on bacteria that may potentially damage the surface of the eye.
Reduced tear production and meibomian gland disease can increase the bacteria present in the eye, contributing to the tear film instability and eye surface damage. Using Optimel Manuka Dry Eye Drops 3 times a day can significantly improve the situation within a month.
PLEASE NOTE: stinging after installing Optimel Manuka Dry Eye Drops is to be expected but should be short-lived. Mild redness can occur too.
- Single patient use only
- Serious conditions should be managed under the supervision of an eye care professional.
- For any reaction other than transient stinging and redness, cease use and contact your eye care professional.
- DO NOT use if you have a history of hypersensitivity or sensitivity to honey, food gums or benzoate preservatives without seeking medical advice.
- DO NOT insert whilst wearing contact lenses. Wait at least 30 minutes before inserting lenses.
- Use by children aged less than 12 years should be on the advice of an eye care specialist or doctor.
- Replace cap after use.
The preservative used in Optimel Manuka Dry Eye Drops is benzoic acid which is a widely used food preservative rapidly metabolised by the liver and found at naturally high levels in honey from bees of the Leptospermum species. It has been chosen as the preferred preservative because of its long history of use, natural presence in honey and its effectiveness.